End User – Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is a contract between You (Sender), Economic Exchange Centre, Dubai UAE (called EEC) and Remitware Payments Global FZ. LLC, Dubai UAE. (called Remitr henceforth in this document) and applies to your use of the Remitr services (the Services).
- Administrative Fee: Additional charges levied on the transaction apart from prescribed fee.
- Agreement means this agreement including all subsequent amendments thereto
- Beneficiary or Receiver Recipient of monies in the destination country
- Business Day means a day on which banks are open for business in respective geographies.
- Cut off Timing means time on any business day by which the monies sent by the sender should be received in the specified bank account of Partner on the day of transaction.
- Day means calendar days.
- Designated Bank Account: Bank account of EEC, where the Sender has to credit the amount to be remitted / transferred.
- Destination Country: Country where the beneficiary is to receive payout.
- Economic Exchange Centre – Licensed Exchange House in UAE. Referred as EEC in the document.
- Fee Charges as defined on the Mobile App for every transaction.
- Force Majeure means events or causes including, but not limited to, the following: an act of God, peril of the sea, unavoidable accident of navigation, war (whether declared or not), sabotage, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, national emergency (whether in fact or law), martial law, fire, flood, cyclone, earthquake, landslide, explosion, power or water shortage, failure of a transmission or communication network, epidemic, quarantine, strike or other labor difficulty or expropriation, restriction, prohibition, law, regulation, decree or other legally enforceable order of a government agency, breakage or accident, change of International or UAE law or regulation or any damage of EEC’s or Remitr’s machinery or systems, unless occurring as a result of an act, omission, default or negligence of you or EEC or Remitr.
- Payment Information Advice: Advice Generated at the end of successfully providing the transaction information. This Advice contains transaction details along with details of EEC’s Bank account where the monies have to be provided by the sender to enable the partner to initiate the required transfer.
- Policy or Policies means any Policy or any agreement between that you entered into with Remitr on the Remitr website(s) or on mobile app, in connection with your use of the Services.
- Remitr we, us or our means Remitrware Payments Global FZ LLC., with registered head office at In5 Innovation Center, Boutique Villa #7, Dubai Knowledge Village, Al Sufouh, PO Box 73030, Dubai, UAE and includes its successors and any person to whom it has assigned it rights under this Agreement is a Technology Service Provider, and have developed a Mobile Based App, which helps you do money remittance transaction as a customer of EEC.
- Remitr may also facilitate EEC in completing the AML & KYC for their clients.
- The Mobile App facilitates, EEC in receiving instructions pertaining to domestic & International Money Transfer.
- Remitr website(s) means any URL, such as Remitr.com or Remitr.ae, owned and operated by Remitr that we use to provide the Services to customers of EEC.
- Sending country is the country from which the money transfer is being initiated
- Services means all payment services and related products available through the Remitr mobile app offered jointly by EEC and Remitr.
- Supported Country may be treated as same as destination country
- Transaction, Order for Payment, means an instruction validly made by you through the Remitr Mobile App to EEC for initiation of a Money Transfer Transaction.
- User, sender you or your means you and any other person or entity entering into this Agreement with us or using the Service.
- Verified means that you have completed verification process laid down by EEC in order to help establish your identity with EEC.
2. Where As
- By registering for the Services, you must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
- You agree that any use by you of the Services shall constitute your acceptance of the Agreement and we recommend that you store or print a copy of the Agreement (including all policies) for your records.
- Please read this Agreement carefully and understand it fully before using the Services.
- This service is being offered by Economic Exchange Centre (EEC)and Remitr for online cross border remittance from UAE to other countries in the world.
- Please note that if you do not accept this Agreement, you should not use the Services.
3. Protecting your privacy is very important to EEC & Remitr.
- Remitr App can be downloaded from Apple App Store and Android Play Store.
- Your personal & financial information is stored on Remitr servers in encrypted form and shared with EEC for processing your transactions.
- EEC & Remitr do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do for effecting the Transfer/ payment or with any other intermediary transaction processing entity or to a regulatory authority.
- Sensitive information between the Remitr App and server is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and bank grade security.
- When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser of your mobile can validate the Remitr certificate.
4. Remittance facility
- The Remitr App enables you to provide online instructions to send money from UAE to the supported destination counties, in the process converting the currency from UAE Dirhams (AED) to that of the supported destination country.
- Remitr is a technology platform only for the facility, which enables transmission of money transfer instructions from you to EEC.
- Actual money transfer for the facility is undertaken by EEC.
- Remitr only provides the technology platform for recording remittance requests, order tracking and communication.
- EEC is responsible for acting on the remittance requests, collecting money from senders in AED, converting it into the currency of the destination country and remitting it to the beneficiary in destination country as instructed by the sender of funds i.e. you.
- The foreign exchange conversion rate shown is provided by EEC and is used for the calculation on the Remitr App is subject to clear funds being received in the designated account of EEC within the given cut-off time.
- EEC will be responsible for currency conversion, and will apply the foreign exchange conversion rates prevailing on the day of conversion, or other rates as per its discretion.
- You should pay as per the instructions stated on the Remitr App by Bank transfer or such other acceptable mode.
- Additional charges may apply should you choose to pay by debit card or credit card.
- EEC will remit funds to the destination country only after the funds transferred by you are received in the designated account.
- Thereafter deducting the appropriate charges/fees, the money will be transmitted to the bank account in the destination country.
5. Creation of Account
- You may download the App and provide your information for registration on Remitr App to use the services.
- EEC or Remitr reserve the right to refuse creation of your registration or cancelling a previous registration without assigning any reason.
- EEC or Remitr reserves the right to conduct required verifications checks and reserve the right to reject a beneficiary creation without assigning any reason.
- While EEC & Remitr would endeavor to verify the details provided by you immediately however such verification may take upto 2 working days.
- You understand that you may not be able to initiate transaction without your registration being successfully verified by Remitr.
- Your registration would be de-activated if there is no activity in the registration for more than 180 calendar days.
6. Duplicate accounts.
- You may not create duplicate accounts of yourself, and EEC or Remitr may refuse & reserve the right to refuse creating duplicate accounts for the same user due to security and client identification requirements.
- In a case where duplicate accounts are detected, EEC or Remitr reserves the right to deactivate / close or merge these duplicate accounts without notification and/or cancel all the said accounts should it find the activities are in breach of its policy.
- To be eligible for our Services, you must be at least 18 years old.
- You confirm that you agree to these Terms and Condition in full consciousness and awareness and with any compulsion or undue influence of any kind.
- You further represent and warrant to us that
- You are an individual and you are not acting on behalf of an undisclosed principal or a third party beneficiary.
- The Beneficiary created by you also is an individual and is not acting on behalf of an undisclosed principal or a third party.
- Transaction of personal nature would only be effected through the service.
- Before being able to use the Service EEC & Remitr has to perform mandatory customer verification.
- Remitr App would mandatorily ask for photographic evidence of your identity which would be the specified government issued ID & your Photograph.
- You acknowledge that EEC may conduct KYC and AML checks on your personal information as well as on your beneficiary as per regulatory guidelines.
- You also acknowledge that such AML and KYC checks may result in rejection of your registration or transactions.
- EEC & Remitr reserves the right
- To ask for additional verification information from you like – copy of your passport, Valid Visa etc. It is possible to provide this evidence through a number of methods including fax and email.
- To access various government and private databases so as to verify your information (so called electronic ID)3.
- To refuse to accept any new user or any transaction at its discretion.
- To de-activate your account upon expiry of the ID provided by you during registration.
8. Using the Service
- This Service is being provided by Economic Exchange Centre Dubai UAE jointly with its technology provider Remitware Payments Global FZ LLC Dubai.
- You may be allowed to use the services only after successful registration on the Remitr App.
- By registering for this service and requesting for a money transfer transaction electronically via the Remitr App, you are authorizing Economic Exchange Centre, Dubai to undertake the said money transfer transaction on your behalf.
- You may initiate a transaction or Order for Payment to a selected registered beneficiary in the supported country by either of the two ways:
- Fixed Payout in Destination Country.
- Where you require service to transfer a fixed amount of foreign currency to the Beneficiary.
- EEC will make all efforts to ensure to provide fixed amount in the destination country however some destination Bank may levy charges on credit to the account, which may not be in complete control of EEC.
- Fixed Payment from Initiating Country.
- Where you order to convert a fixed amount of local currency from Initiating Country and transfer the equivalent amount foreign currency to the Beneficiary.
- Fixed Payout in Destination Country.
9. Exchange Rates
- Rates displayed on the Remitr App or website are based on the exchange rates provided by EEC from time to time and are market prevalent rates
- The service does not guarantee that the rates match any particular benchmark source at any given time.
- Rates offered on the Remitr app and/or website(s) are rates on which the transfer would be effected by EEC to the destination country.
- Provided the transfer amount in local currency is received from the sender’s account within the cut off time in the designated bank account.
- In case the monies are received after the cut off time in the designated bank account, Remitr App would apply current market prevalent rate to effect the transfer
- Such change in the rate would be intimated to you by phone/ email/app notification
- Concurrence of the same would be sought from you before effecting any change in the transaction.
- In-case if concurrence is not received from you, the transaction would continue to be on hold status until such confirmation is received, any exchange loss or bank charges incurred due to holding and/or return of monies for such transaction would be your responsibility
10. Transaction Limits
- Currently the service is functional in UAE and following are the transaction limit for UAE
- The Minimum Transaction Limit is AED 250.00
- All transactions pass through daily, monthly and annual volume / velocity checks which are based on regulatory and internal guidelines.
11. Bank Transfers
- All local currency payments to be initiated by you from your personal account only
- The Remitr and EEC, jointly or severally reserves the right to refuse acceptance of a transaction in case if monies are transferred from any other account
- Transfer from only one account is permitted for a single transaction
- All local currency Payment Transfers to be made in favour of EEC. Details of this account would be provided in the Payment Information Advice provided after successful completion of transaction information by you on the mobile app.
- Remitr along with the partner EEC would track the payments received.
- You may be liable for an additional administration / bank charge if the account numbers or the Beneficiary name you have provided are incorrect. The same would be payable by you on actual basis.
- In case your beneficiary’s bank charges you for receiving of payments you shall be liable for paying these.
12. Rejected Transactions
- EEC or Remitr may refuse a transaction, if your name as provided on Remitr App does not match to details received along with the credit in EEC’s bank account.
- The transaction may be rejected by the intermediary bank or the beneficiary bank in the destination country due to wrong beneficiary details provided by you or for any other reason.
- In the above mentioned cases, the amount paid by you will be refunded. However, you may be liable for an administration / bank charge, which would be adjusted from your transaction amount before the final refund is made.
13. Cancellation of Transactions
- You may cancel your transaction for a full refund at any time before the transaction amount is converted in accordance with your instructions.
- However, in such case you may be liable for an administration / bank charge, which would be adjusted from your transaction amount before the final refund is made
- You will be charged a fee on every payment, this would be as per the prevailing guidelines.
- Fee Charged per transaction would be as displayed at the time transaction is initiated and in the Payment Information Advice Generated after successfully the payment information is provided on the App.
15. Promotional & Referral program
- Remitware and EEC jointly from time to time may run promotional or referral programs.
- Such programs may be withdrawn at any point of time at the discretion of Remitware or EEC without giving prior notice.
- Details of such programs are posted from time to time on our website www.remitr.ae/referralterms or on the mobile app.
16. Administration Charges
- Administration charges may incur when our settlement banks or the receiving bank refuse your transaction due to incorrect payment details, their regulatory requirements or any other reason.
- Any administrative charges from the settlement banks or the receiving banks will be deducted from your payment amount.
- In addition, the service may also apply admin charges to such transactions before refunding the residual amount.
17. Transaction History
- You can access your details of executed payment transactions and other information relating to your Account on your mobile by accessing the Remitr App
- You will also receive the receipts of transactions executed via email.
18. General Terms
- You are responsible ensuring the beneficiary payment details you provide are accurate.
- Once payment instructions have been executed on Remitr App, transactions cannot be reversed and the service will not be liable in any way for any loss you suffer as a result of a transaction being carried out in accordance with your instructions.
- In the unlikely event that you notice an error in either the payment sent or received as a result of using the Services, then you should immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails sent to this id would be attended to by authorized persons of EEC and Remitr.
- If you become aware that your beneficiary has received a payment over and above what was expected, you must immediately notify us of this so that arrangements can be made for you to immediately return any overpayment.
- You agree not to use the Services for any unlawful activity.
- The Service reserves the right to investigate any suspicious activity or in response to any complaints or reported violations.
- When investigating any such activity, EEC reserves the right to report suspected unlawful activity to any appropriate person or body and to provide them with any relevant information, including your personal data.
- You acknowledge and agree that Remitr is a Technology Service provider the actual transfer is being undertaking by EEC as per the local regulations.
- By using our Services, you agree to be bound by agreements established between EEC & Remitr. This is in addition to the Terms and Conditions set out in said Agreement.
- By accepting and agreeing to the terms and conditions you expressly acknowledge that Remitr is a technology provider to EEC and that Remitr shall have no liability for the actions or omissions of EEC.
- By accepting this Agreement, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically either by email or by providing notices to you directly on your phone through
- SMS or
- through any other messaging platform or
- through email or
- posting notices on the Remitr App and/or website.
20. Force Majeure
- If we are unable to perform our obligations under this Agreement because of factors beyond our control, including a change of law, an event of Force Majeure, withdrawal of a currency or the imposition of sanctions over a country or beneficiary, we will notify you as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- EEC and Remitr will use reasonable endeavors to secure the return of any money paid by you in respect of which we have been unable to discharge our obligations under this Agreement.
- We will not have any liability and the liability if any will be limited to the amount of transaction in progress.
21. Entire Agreement
This Agreement and any document expressly referred to in it constitutes the whole agreement between us and supersedes any previous discussions, correspondence, arrangements or understandings between us.
22. Law And Jurisdiction
- The provision of the Service and any dispute or claim arising out of the provision of the Service is governed by laws of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Service will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
These Terms and Conditions are Valid with effect from August 31st 2016
These Terms and Conditions may be subjected to change without prior notice. You are requested to keep checking the same from time to time for applicable version.